Sunday, November 18, 2007

Respect This Hustle

Cake Poker is my new (old) home.

I'm putting in a sick amount of volume when I play (earning nice RB in the process) and the games are, well, Cake!

I know it's 20NL and I should be beating it on any site but something about Cake is so nice. Great mixture of over aggro donks (think UltimateBet) with a lot of passive terrible players (think AP).

Either way, I'm also playing pretty well for the most part thanks to one of my friends coming over the other day. Basically this guy doesn't gamble but is semi-interested in my thought processes during a poker hand so I grinded a session with him watching and me explaining and it really did wonders because I was actually thinking through every decision instead of just acting without thinking.

So, that has kind of rejuvenated my love for poker and I plan on really putting in some more volume this month (don't really have much of a choice -- almost busto IRL until 2nd semester college money comes in).

Not out of the question to think I could be back up to 1K by the end of the month with some major volume so that's my new goal!

1 comment:

Hi said...

can't wait til your post 3 days from now telling about how you hate poker so much and why Cake is a piece of shit